Windows Window contents go white on drag to offscreen

Greetings,

In windowed mode, a portion of the window contents go white when the window is dragged off screen and back on again. Of course, the window contents are instantly redrawn when one stops dragging.

Is there a way to continually draw the window contents while dragging?

Note: this is not a Windows operating system-related question, i.e. not the "draw window contents while dragging" check box in the control panel settings.

T

T-bond

Currently Yoyogames says you can use borderless window. (Also you can write your own "title bar" in GML)

In the past we tried to make a DLL which get's the renderer part of the window and create an own window border, and attach without freezing the game while moving/resizing, but we closed the project before it could get anywhere.
Maybe there is a DLL somewhere which can simulate the same thing.
Unfortunately I don't know if this is the same on other platforms. (Linux, Mac)
The worst part not the white non-rendered screen, but if you do a multiplayer game, the client/server hangs while you manipulate the window parameters.

A

Aura

AFAIK there's no way to prevent that due to the way GM:S renders things, so you're better off creating or searching for a DLL to render things on your own. Such a DLL is under active development, so you should perhaps ask the author to handle the rendering in such a way that the contents remain drawn when the window is dragged offscreen and brought back in.

This is an old post, but allow me to bump to perhaps get an update as at 2018. (Incidentally, has GMS2.0 dealt with this?)