• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows win32 function failed

Kyon

So.
I was stress-testing my game by making a very large room (25600*1400).
And I didn't even place it with many objects, just ground/grass.
In my code I mostly only render what is in your view (especially the grass because it has lots of vector-points)
But when I started my game I got multiple errors, here is a screenshot of two of them:

I've never had this problem before. And it only happened after I made the room bigger. (it was 5600 before)
The strange thing is, after I pressed 5 error messages away (all similar, but different functions). The game was playable, only some things didn't work. This is how it looked:

(looks quite beautiful made me think of a dreamy-winter level maybe)

Anyway, the ground should have a green color (which I set through code) But for some reason it ignores image_blend.
Also, it ignores depth. The player/horse are on a layer behind the grass/ground.

ALSO, when I switch to full screen or go back to windowed the errors pop up again. (something with surfaces resetting?)

Is 25600 width too large for gamemaker?
Has anyone have this problem occur to her/him/x before?

Thanks in advance!
(using GM studio 2, windows export)

Kyon

Ok fixed.
In my debugger I noticed one surface was seriously room_width,room_height. (that was from back when I planned this to be a small project... good old days)
Making it close to view size fixed the errors.
I'm still curious though, why was a surface of that size such a problem?
I mean, I know it was big, but it was just a surface (which didn't draw anything yet btw!)