• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Win32 function failed on startup

P

Petr M.

Hi,
we have released game on Steam, and generally it works fine. But few users reported problem when they tried to run the game in full screen.
Here is all the informations I have:
- Error "Win32 function failed: HRESULT: 0x887a0001" (see attached file):
- System Windows 10. 1080p 120hz built in display, and GTX 1070MaxQ
- No antivirus running
- The first time I ran it, it was in a small window, what I assume the actual resolution was. When turned to fullscreen the error starts to appear.
- I can brute force through it by opening the app over and over until it will display. Thanks.
- Game works fine on MacOS and on most other Windows.

That's all information we have. I searched for similar problems but didn't found anything helpful.
Is there something we can do about this?

Attachments