• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Will GM:S2 be accredited on ym current GM:S licence?

A

AkoCruz

I know GM:S2 is still on beta but, i'm curious if i have to buy it too in the future.
I just bought my licence for GM:S after all

Most companies give free upgrades if you bought the last version of their product within six months or so of the new version. Hopefully Yoyo does the same. Nobody is going to want 1.x when 2.x comes out.

G

GhostlyFeline

Most companies give free upgrades if you bought the last version of their product within six months or so of the new version. Hopefully Yoyo does the same. Nobody is going to want 1.x when 2.x comes out.
I don't see that happening, since the humble bundle was a couple months ago. They're probably going to stick to offering discounts for existing users.

N

NPT

Now that GM2 is out with a Road Map I'd guess that 1.4 sales will dry up to almost zero.

Add to that that YYGs has announced that 2.0 purchasers will get 1.4 licences, now would be a good time to announce all 1.4 purchases from this day forward will get 2.0 licences.

Given we are still months away from release that's a long time for minimal sales and will create cash flow issues. There is also no point in trying to create some arbirary back date, all that will do is piss off those who are just beyond it.

makas

come on dont be that cheap :p you stole 1.4 for 15 bucks, and you can still use it for at least some years...

N

NPT

come on dont be that cheap :p you stole 1.4 for 15 bucks, and you can still use it for at least some years...
Although he may have bought it through the humble bundle, you can't come to that conclusion just because he claimed to have bought it recently.