• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Will GM:S 2 run on my laptop well

K

Kingto400

Hello. I have a laptop that has 8GB with Intel Core i3. I want to make games on my laptop, but I don't know if it will run on my laptop. What do you guys think?

Here are the minimum specifications:
  • 64bit Intel compatible Dual Core CPU
  • 2GB RAM
  • DX11 compliant graphics card
  • Microsoft Windows 7 (64bit only, Service Pack 1 or above)
  • HDD with at least 3GB free disk space
  • Internet Connection
Things most important that you need:
- A 64-bit CPU
- 64-bit version of Windows (at least Windows 7, SP1)
- DX11 graphics card

If you meet those specs, why don't you download the free Trial version and test it out for yourself:

https://www.yoyogames.com/get

K

Kingto400

so no glitches or errors? it does run on 64 bit and windows 10

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
so no glitches or errors? it does run on 64 bit and windows 10
The glitches and errors that come bundled for free with every installation of GM:S 2 will be present. ;)
We don't have enough data about your hardware to inform you about other potential issues.

I will have to second just checking it out by yourself. There's not much info you will be able to get from the community apart from "your laptop meets the system requirements" or "your laptop doesn't meet the system requirements" unless there is a very specific known hardware compatibility issue present in your device's hardware, which, again, would be easier to detect by downloading GM:S 2 and trying it out than posting here since you have direct access to your device and can test more or less anything you want with the free version.