• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Will Game Maker Studio 2 be on Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heanfry

Won't buy it before i know it will be on Steam or not.

B

Blakkid489

Umm not sure if being on steam will determine how your game will turn out but, I'm also curious on that.

hippyman

It has been stated by staff numerous times that there will be no Steam release of GMS2.
The only reason I'm bummed about this is because my ego likes seeing my hour count. After I finally started using GMS 1.x through Steam not that long ago, I've racked up 2002 hours as of right now. I'm sure there's plenty of people on here who have me beat. I'm actually curious now. Who can beat my hour count? :D

H

heanfry

@hippyman

Thats why i want to have it on Steam. It shows how many hours i played on this generelly. At the moment, you can just check how long you are working on a project.

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
Official YoYo Games FAQ said:
Can I get GameMaker Studio 2 on Steam?

GameMaker Studio 2 is not currently on Steam.
(Source)

GMS 2 is still in its Beta stage, so things will constantly change. Although there's no Steam version of the product available at the moment, there might be one in the future. When YYG are willing to share information, they will do it themselves. So there's a little use of this discussion right now, as it would hardly make a difference.

Also, I believe you can already view the amount of time that you have been using the IDE for. But if that's not the case, feel free to file a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.