• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Wierd performance issues

T

tomsaram

Hi,

I am testing my project by compiling to a .zip, and this weird bug occurs. When I run the executable the game was laggy (~50 FPS), however the show_debug_overlay() would give an FPS of ~200 (which is the expected value).

Now here is the real black magic. Whenever I have GM:S running, this bug goes away. I do not need to open this project, just the project selection window would keep the bug away.

Is anyone else also encountering this problem? I am in dire need of a fix. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have a nice new year.

P.S. My project is like 100MB so maybe it is a bad idea to send it around. Please tell me if you absolutely need to see the project.

P.P.S. Using GM:S 1.4 on Windows 10.

Bingdom

Googledom
You could try increasing the Windows sleep time margin to 20+.
Setting it anything more than 16ms (16.6667 for 60fps, 33.333 for 30fps) wouldn't make a difference. See here.

For a 2D game that doesn't demand strong resources, I would recommend a sleep margin of 10ms. If you don't understand it, there are a few explanations about it somewhere on this forums.