• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Why is the resolution for my game screen size seen smaller on firefox, than when I view it on MS-Paint?

Ok, I recently discovered a problem last night that has been bugging me, and its the size of my game's full display which is 1500 x 800 px. My Windows system uses the display resolution of 1600 x 900 px. Since I want to design my game to be compatible for a off-line version and a on-line version, I decided that my game display would be more compatible with firefox in that same resolution display of 1600 x 900. Now this does not mean it will look the same on anyone elses computer since , I know people use different display resolutions. For my problem, heres the part that I dont get - the same picture when I view it in MS-Paint in full screen shows it centered , is bigger ( to represent what it could look like when its maximized ), than when I view it in firefox when I have it clicked to actual size in firefox.

I am showing a rough draft of my game's GUI in its early stages, because I have to test it in firefox as well as off line.
I recommend downloading the pictures since media fire storage ( which I use ) provides its own viewer which will not show the true representation.

This is the original picture of what it looks like in its actual size (1500 x 800), that I will be using in my game ( this is not a snapshot ) :
Original picture

This is a snapshot of what the original picture looks like in MS-Paint when viewed in full screen :
Original picture viewed in MS-Paint, in full screen

This is a snapshot of what the original picture looks like in firefox ,set to firefox's actual size in view settings :
Original picture viewed in firefox, at the view setting 'actual size'

As you can see the picture in firefox is smaller when its set to actual size, but thats smaller than the original picture when I see it.

Does anyone know why ?

Last edited: