• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Why is GMS being an idiot with included files in the resource tree?

So I just noticed that GMS (2.2.5) decided to troll me by putting an entire section of sound files in the Included Files area of the IDE outside the folder they were in before and deleted the original folder! I didn't mess with the files recently. Tried correcting by creating a new folder, but it doesn't get created in explorer, and when I try to move the files back, they don't budge. Better yet, when I right-click on any of the files ("hed_xyz") and select "Open in Explorer", they show the correct directory and the folder is present too!

Pic below:

1591052108288.png

So why is GMS being an idiot here and how do I fix this?

Thanks!

EDIT: okay, I think its fixed now. Some proper deleting, cleaning cache, closing then re-opening, then finally loading all the files from a previous backup worked. Somewhere in the middle of all this, I came across an error... don't remember the exact terms, something about Node Transfer Source Control Failure. So probably Source Control mucked things up. Hope that helps.

Last edited: