SOLVED Why is ef_firework made of "1"?

Hello there,
this is the first time I'm trying to use effect_create_above (and effect_create_below) in Game Maker Studio 2.
I'm not sure if it's legacy or not, so please forgive me if I'm writing in the wrong section of the forum).

Let's make it simple.
I'm using this code:
Code:
effect_create_above(3, ics, ips, choose(0,1,2), choose(c_white,c_blue,c_green,c_red,c_purple,c_yellow,c_orange,c_navy,c_aqua,c_fuchsia,c_teal));
effect_create_below(3, ics, ips, choose(0,1,2), choose(c_white,c_blue,c_green,c_red,c_purple,c_yellow,c_orange,c_navy,c_aqua,c_fuchsia,c_teal));
What I obtain is:
1612098975829.png

As you see, the particles are made of "1".
In my experience with the old Game Maker 8.1, it should be a blurred circle as showed in the documantation:
1612099058002.png
(link for reference: https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/particles/simple effects/ef_firework.html)

What's wrong?
How do I change those "1" into blurred circles as expected?

rytan451

What version of GMS are you using? Why are you using a magic number in the first parameter instead of the constant ef_firework? Does replacing the magic number with the constant fix the problem?

What version of GMS are you using? Why are you using a magic number in the first parameter instead of the constant ef_firework? Does replacing the magic number with the constant fix the problem?
I'm using GameMaker Studio 2 IDE v2.3.1.542 Runtime v2.3.1.409
Even while I use the constant "ef_firework" instead of "3" the result is just the same.

I'm guessing there's another object that somehow change the particle emitter to that "1".
The problem is that I'm using 55 objects and 5 functions :)
And, more, those objects and functions are only used to draw sprites and texts.
This is the only object that's calling particles effects. I have no clue what's going on.

EDIT: nope, even in an empty room with only the object "firework" it still does the same :\