• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Why GameMaker Studio Apps Not Featured In Google Play

2mato

Hi gamemakers,

It's a frustrating issue when you work for 6 month's or so to create an app and publish it in google play store, then you advert your app to make the users find it from hundreds of thousands apps that are on the store, so thousands download your app daily ( native downloads ) giving you a good rating (native ratings), but never I mean never you get featured on google play homepage or even google play category pages, is there something we have to do plus what we did or it's just like that with gamemaker studio apps.

Any advice will be appreciated.

PS: sorry for my bad English.

rIKmAN

Hi gamemakers,

It's a frustrating issue when you work for 6 month's or so to create an app and publish it in google play store, then you advert your app to make the users find it from hundreds of thousands apps that are on the store, so thousands download your app daily ( native downloads ) giving you a good rating (native ratings), but never I mean never you get featured on google play homepage or even google play category pages, is there something we have to do plus what we did or it's just like that with gamemaker studio apps.

Any advice will be appreciated.

PS: sorry for my bad English.
What has not getting featured got to do with your game being made in GameMaker? I don't see the correlation.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
That's not what "Google Play integration features" refers to. :p

Asking this is about as useful as asking why your game isn't getting highlighted on blogs or magazines, why people aren't making Let's Play videos or live streams of it... this has to do with the blog, magazine, Let's Player, streamer, any other type of curator, the game's advertising, the game itself, its polish, its author, whether its author is Polish... anything but the engine used for the game, pretty much.

The exception to that rule, of course, is when a blog or whatever specializes in games made in that specific engine. In that case, add the engine to the list of criteria.

If they don't like your game, it won't get featured. That's all.