• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Why does the room editor panel not close automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retrifix

So I open a room to edit it and the side panel with the layers and so on opens. Awesome.
Now I'm done with that room and switch back to the workspace but the panel stays open and occupies a big part of the available space. Why does it not close and open automatically? It opens itself but does not close itself.
This sucks.

Could you please make it close itself when I am not in the room editor?
Please!

Thanks

K

Kuro

+1

I tend to keep a room, whatever room I'm working on, open most of the time. But the room sidebar stays expanded even when I'm not focused on the room. I can manually minimize it to the left, but it just pops open again next time I look at the room. I tend to move between doing stuff in the room and fiddling with other stuff a lot.

It would be nice if the room sidebar remembered its state in different contexts, so that if I minimise it in workspace1 for example it will remember that it's supposed to be minimised in workspace1 and not pop open again just because I looked at the room again.

Even better, I would love a checkbox in the room setings that would make the room sidebar minimise to the left automatically when I am focused on a workspace or something else that's not the room (and maximize again when I look at the room again.

For now I've found a temporary workaround by docking it in the same frame as the resources, but ideally I'd like it on the left if there were options available to control its behavior.

Z

zendorf

Best solution is to tab it over next to the resource tree, so you will only ever see the resource tree or room editor panel, not both at once. You can even split the resource tree panel in half and have your room editor panel in the other half.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
This has been discussed before, please search back for the (long) thread on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.