• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Why does GMS2 steal my mapped drive?

Slyddar

I have an external drive mapped to the letter U, and my pc backup runs daily to that drive. Sometimes I have the drive off, but the mapping stays, and it works fine when it's on.

Today my C drive filled up because it was pushing my backup to "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.1.5.246" instead, as Gamemaker had remapped my U drive to this folder.

Can Yoyo advise why it's taking a drive over that already had a mapping? This seems rather irregular, and it is definitely annoying and unwelcome.

Mick

You should report this as a bug to YoYo. I think GMS2 creates virtual drive letters from the back of the alphabet Z, Y, X etc. so you could maybe circumvent the problem by changing the drive letter of your backup drive to K or something closer to the start of the alphabet.