Question - Downloading Why can't I download my own assets?

csanyk

I just created a new asset. I can't download it from the Marketplace website.

upload_2016-12-19_3-23-26.png

What gives? I would like to download my own assets from the marketplace for a few reasons:
  1. To test that the download from the website works, so I can verify any problems a customer might report to me with downloading it. I'd like to have the exact same UX as my customers do so I can understand them if they have a problem, and verify it on my end.
  2. To add it to My Library manifest, so that I can add it to my projects through My Library, rather than by importing it. That way I can keep everything together in one location.
I do see other assets of mine in My Library, so this used to be possible, but I don't see my new one there and I don't know how to add it to my manifest other than through "purchasing" through the marketplace website. I either forgot how to do it, or YYG changed something and now I can't figure it out.

csanyk

I haven't done it yet, but I thought adding a publisher just meant that you added another name to publish under, or allowed teams to join together. But maybe as Publisher A, you can purchase/download stuff that was published by Publisehr B (also you)?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
I think this is a website bug - I've had the same thing. It was fixed, but due to the branching assets for 1.x and 2, I think it's broken again.

csanyk

I think this is a website bug - I've had the same thing. It was fixed, but due to the branching assets for 1.x and 2, I think it's broken again.
I find that I CAN download my own assets using My Library in GMS1 and 2, but not through the website. Since My Library is so broken in GMS1, it's painful waiting the 20 minutes or so for the list to populate.

So should I submit a bug report for the website download?