Opinion Who is best girl?

T

Tyler Logsdon

Toga, obviously. but i want to see what you guys thought before i just said the actual answer.

G

GVmG

Anemone from Eureka Seven, one of the most widely characterized characters I've ever seen in anime. Her evolution throughout the series is incredible, despite the rough start with her first impression she quickly became one of my favourite characters ever as time went on. And looking back at it, E7 was one of the few great mecha anime of the past decade, especially thanks to how well it handled the fairly big cast of characters, and how they change and develop as they interact throughout the story.

And they gave her a few extra hair styles which is always a plus (they also represent different "steps" in character development, not just hers but other characters' as well). And she has an adorable pet named Gulliver (fun fact: in the manga she actually has a pet crocodile). She loves jam, which I can't relate to, and likes creepily eating it. She can be fairly creepy in general, but trust me there are reasons for it.

Her relationship with her partner Dominic (the guy in that video) is also very interesting, especially because of how it starts and the situations in which it has to evolve, but I won't spoil it (seriously go watch Eureka Seven it's awesome). The girl's romantic interest in the anime itself might not be everyone's cup of tea when choosing best girl, but I can appreciate some canon romance if it makes the character even more interesting and well developed. And Dominic himself is a pretty cool guy despite... things. I definitely ship them *cough*.

I just realized I take waifu ranking way too seriously, I need to go to anime rehab

N

NeonBits

I guess no one around here has ever met Catherine...
she will look like the best person you've ever seen, trust me...

slojanko

Post contains spoilers for Wakfu.

Alright, it's my time to shine.
The best girl I've ever seen? I've been spending a lot of time lately exploring the World of Twelve and the lore/history of obscure characters that belong to it. If you're a bit confused, I'm talking about the ONE AND ONLY: Wakfu. Wakfu is a french animated TV (also available on netflix now) series which evolves around a Brotherhood of Tofu that goes on an adventure to save the World of Twelve. The team consists of the following, specified in the role of importance: Yugo la Eliatrope, Amalia the Princess of the Sadida kingdom, Evangelyne the Cra archer, Sir Percedal the Iop knight, Ruel Stroud the kama lover and Adaim the Yugo Dragon brother. Now that your vaguely familar with the characters (which you can read more about here), where does the best girl part come from?
Even though there are a lot of protagonist females in the series, which currently spans 3 Seasons, OVA special and lore episodes for both protagonist and antagonists, I would have to go with the beautiful Evangelyne. Her character development and relationship towards specific members of the Brotherhood throughout the story really gives the impression that she's a real character, often making logical decisions and using her Cra abilities to get out of situations, which at first seem impossible.
Continuing the train of relationships, (un) surprising to everyone, she develops a love interest in the one and only, Sir Percedal of Sadlygrove (also known as Tristepin).
Now, if you haven't watched the series I would suggest you stop reading from here onwards since it gets a bit deeper into the story.

The relationship lovely Evangelyne has with Sir Percedal, who belongs to the Iop race, combat oriented knights with little strategic planning when charging into combat and the only goal being a honourable fight, takes a HUGE change of apperarance and personality towards the end of Season 1. He shows the dominant stand towards his Shushu Rubilax and is returned back to the role of a master of his Rubi (you can read more about Shushus and/or Rubilax by clicking on the specific word). Through the story, Sir Percedal is displayed as the knight Evangelyne deserves in tough battles, where her bow just doesn't do a big enough blow to the opponent, even going as far as to release Rubi's powers and transform into a demonic version of the host (always Percedal as he is Rubi's owner). Returning back to Evangelyne, jumping from season 1 to season 2 gives her an amazing makeover, which might be because Sir Percedal fell protecting her princess Evangelyne (princess used as love interest) from a fatal attack coming from one of the antagonists at the end of season 1. Continuing from the makeover, Evangelyne is determined to find her knight alive, showing her undeniable faith in the recently fallen Sir Percedal. Luckily for everyone, Rubilax saves Percedal from ascending. At the end of season 2, a vague answer given to Sir Percedal indicates that he's going to be a father, which can still be understood in multiple ways, as Sir Percedal is the reincarnation of the former Iop god. From there, OVAs take the story and show them happily getting 2 children, which may become gods in their own race in the future.
To finish it off, here's a picture from OVA, right before Sir Percedal is about to propose to Evangelyne:

If anyone has any questions about any of the story or characters, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
G

GVmG

Don't be sexist, OP. The real question is, who is the best boy?
Goro from Darling In The Franxx 100% takes the role this year. It'll be hard to get a better boy for a while after just how much of a bro and good guy he was developed to be.