• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE White Screen when running game in debugger. Works fine otherwise.

S

SomeBlindGuy

I've been trying to use the debugger but every time I start it, all I get is a white screen and a prompt to make an exception for the debugger in my firewall, which I already did tons of times.

I even tried removing all code that interacts with the debugger, but that didn't change anything.

The game runs perfectly if I just run it in GMS or create an executable, but the debugger refuses to work.

Earlier builds of the game work just fine, but I don't see how any of the changes I made would affect the debugger. Most of the work I did since the last working backup was integrating the inventory system with the combat system.

Googling turned up an issue with fullscreen and an issue with html5, neither of which apply to my situation.

I could really use some help. It's not actively preventing me from continuing with my project, but I'm sure this will cause massive problems in the future.

I'm using GMS2, btw.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is related, but lately it has been taking a lot longer to load the project in GMS, even though the project didn't grow in size that much.

gnysek

Are you using extensions maybe? There's fix to something similar in next version (2.1.2), which seems to be coming soon (week or so).

S

SomeBlindGuy

Are you using extensions maybe? There's fix to something similar in next version (2.1.2), which seems to be coming soon (week or so).
No, I'm not using any extensions. The only significant change from the versions that work is that I created quite a few arrays and some scripts that access them, all of which works exactly like it's supposed to.

Where can I take a look at the fixes of the next update?

gnysek

Usually on bugs.yoyogames.com - but that if something is marked as fixed that doesn't mean it for sure will be in next version, as they are keeping all fixes separate and then merging code. Sometimes they decide to put something in later version.