• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

White Outline Around Background Assets

R

Rachel Green

I’ve been messing around with textured brushes in Photoshop and tried importing layers into Gamemaker to see what they would look like as a complete background. It resulted in a strange, white fuzzy outline around every layer, the same texture as the brush I used in Photoshop. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance!

I think what's going on is the transparent or semi transparent areas have the wrong color. There's a plugin I use called solidify B which fills places that don't have full opacity with the correct colors.

If you are drawing onto a surface other than the application surface, the problem could be to do with alpha blending. If that is the case, you should look into using premultiplied alpha.

curato

you could maybe try having a solid color background behind the one you are testing. Could be it is translucent with nothing behind it to render.