• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android White lines between tiles.

A

Artzm

Hi all. I made my game in GMS 1.4 but after the GMS 2 release, i moved my project there.

When i make app in iOS it work and looks perfect.
But when i make final apk for android, there appears white lines between tiles and sprites. Graphics looks worse then on my iPhone. Hope somebody could help me to solve this problem.

Best regards and have a good day!

GMWolf

aka fel666
Are you using the new tilemap system?
Make sure you also add enough padding between your tiles. The new tilemap system has an option for that, if you are using asset layers, then you will need to add the padding yourself.

A

Artzm

Are you using the new tilemap system?
Make sure you also add enough padding between your tiles. The new tilemap system has an option for that, if you are using asset layers, then you will need to add the padding yourself.
This tileset ported by gms2 from gms1.4 project. There is no problems on iOS, i think may be i didn't check some settings for android...

A

Artzm

I understand that bug appears after msg from android "Please ensure you have an active data connection for license check", i think i must disable google play extension in gms 2

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
You need to rebuild your levels using the new tile system or you'll get the same issues as 1.x had. On import the old tiles are imported and made as graphical "blobs" - like sprites, on the asset layer. They aren't turned into tilemaps. Due to the way the old tile systems worked they weren't guaranteed to be proper tile sizes.

Once you redo your levels/maps, all these problems should go away, and you should get a speed boost into the bargain.