which style to go with for rpg characters on the over world.

F

Fanifacation

so when i first started drawing sprites for my game i started basing it off of mother 3's style and as i kept drawing i eventually found myself very far from my original sprite size. here is and example of my current drawing style and my old one. yb and g comparison.png

so i wanted an opinion on which style i should use for my game's over world.

If you think the older style works better as an over world sprite i can always re-purpose the other into a battle sprite or something.

However that would be a bit of a problem since I've kind of been drawing in my current style for months now so most of my sprites are nearer to the newer style's size.

It mainly comes down to how much work I've done on newer styled sprites and which one works a lot better as an over world sprite. Again, i can always reuse the sprites i made in that new style for battle sprites.

A

Aura

There is an integral difference between both of those and they don't look like the same character by any means, so stick to a single character design and style as it might come up as odd and inconsistent if you use both of them. Keep the art style consistent everywhere.

If you're asking which style looks better, I'd definitely go with the second one as it looks less flat and contrast is proper. Perspective is better, too.

F

Fanifacation

ok thanks. also yeah, they aren't the same characters, i just grabbed the first sprites i saw.