Which Steam Capsule catches your eye the most?

C

Charyb

Need help in deciding which capsule in this library of images will most likely catch your eye when browsing the Steam store?

http://imgur.com/a/rHugO

It's an album and the capsule numbers are labeled in the descriptions.

G

Greenblizzard

I only get
Page not found!
If you're looking for an image, then it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all. Head back to the place you came and continue browsing; there's nothing more to see here.
Edit:
The first one, but maybe with the higher contrast title from the other designs?

Last edited by a moderator:

FredFredrickson

Artist, designer, & developer
GMC Elder
I like the first one myself - with the second one at a close second. Both help the text stand out.

Fifth one presents the art style the best. I like the simple, uncluttered look. I think the logo needs to be shifted a bit more to the right, though.

M

Mors

I like 5th one most. The first 4 ones look a bit bland to me.

C

Charyb

I think we're going to go with the 5th one. I've also changed the image up a bit, added a silhouette of a dragon and made a few brightness adjustments:

Does this look okay?

S

seanm

Take a look at the contrast in the values

Notice how there is no white?

I would personally at least make the text more white. As it is right now the text is pretty hard to read.

Anyway, looks pretty good

M

Mors

That dragon silhouette doesn't look good in my opinion. Its pixel size is 1x, while everything else's pixel size is 3x.

W

Wintery

2 or 5. I like 2 better, however 5 is more colorful but the name of the game does kind o f blend in with background image.

The M

I agree that 5 looks best. Why 5 though? I think it's because it gives a feeling of what the game is about while being more structured than 6 and 7. 1-4 looks nice but are a bit generic. Like Mors said, the dragon looks a bit out of place when everything else have larger pixels, including the clouds next to it so you might want to squarify it. ^^

Cat

The fifth is my number one favorite, but the first is a close second (ha!). I have to echo The M and Mors, though: the two different pixel scales looks really out of place together. Best of luck with your game!

B

BobMorate

I also like the fifth one better. But I'd suggest that you shift the logo a little bit to the right, though.

RangerX

Is the game focusing alot on Dragons? (becoming your selling point) If yes, I'd take the capsule 4.
If its a RPG game (side scrolling I guess) and want to sell more on that aspect, take capsule 5.

BLang

I think 5 is a step in the right direction because it's more colourful. Maybe get a yellow/orange sun in there, to cover a wider range of the spectrum. Also, honestly, get rid of that dragon. It looks okay by itself, but it's an eyesore in combination with the rest of the picture because of the differing pixel size.

Also, this:
I would personally at least make the text more white. As it is right now the text is pretty hard to read.
You 100% need to make the text stand out more and be more readable.