• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Where to publish Game Maker extension package?

R

Rafsun82

In the old GMC forum there was a way to publish Game Maker assets (GEX, DLL, LIB etc) and that was Resources > Programming and Learning Resources > Extending Game Maker board.

In this new forum I found no option like above. Or maybe I skipped any clue posted here about this.

However, it would be great if anyone recommend me best places to publish Game Maker extension package. And please don't suggest me Game Maker Marketplace. I don't have a credit card to create a publisher account.

Help appreciated! :) Thanks :)

A

Aura

First of all, you don't need a credit card directly to create a Marketplace publisher account. All you need is GM:S Pro (or higher). You can optionally add a PayPal account only if you’re going to sell assets.

Second of all, there is no specific place to post extensions hosted on third party websites here, so you are on your own with that.

R

Rafsun82

First of all, you don't need a credit card directly to create a Marketplace publisher account. All you need is GM:S Pro (or higher). You can optionally add a PayPal account only if you’re going to sell assets.

Second of all, there is no specific place to post extensions hosted on third party websites here, so you are on your own with that.
I don't have GM:S Pro too. :/ And Is there any board to publish extension in this forum?

A

Aura

No. But if you can create a tutorial on how to implement certain game mechanics with its help, I don't think that they'd mind you posting it in the Tutorials forum. That's simply a guess though. (@chance?)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
No. But if you can create a tutorial on how to implement certain game mechanics with its help, I don't think that they'd mind you posting it in the Tutorials forum. That's simply a guess though. (@chance?)
Yep, that's pretty much it...

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
There are other tutorials based on extensions. In fact, we accepted one today.

Yep, that's pretty much it...
I never argue with the boss. (OK, that's not true..). But just to expand on Aura and Noc's comments: tutorials should focus on the GML code for implementing the extension. Tutorials about (say) the C++ code for writing a DLL probably won't be accepted. Likewise, a tutorial that's just a facade for advertising your extension, probably won't be accepted.

Either way, I'd recommend hosting the extension itself in the Marketplace. But that's up to you.