• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Where to hire digital artists?

Zizka

Hello, wasn’t sure where to post this.

I used to to be able to hire people over the internet but with social media *a lot* of old fashioned forums have vanished. I’m not on social media and don’t want to be.

Do you guys know of active digital art forum where people can be hired from? I’ve googled but can’t find any.

pixeltroid

You could look at the following forums

- reddit
- tigsource forums
- opengameart forums
- indiegamer forums
- indiedb forums

I haven't posted on the last 4 places in a long time so I don't know how active they are.

Bakuda

The internet is really changing. I used to do a lot of business on forums but as you noted most of that has moved over to social media. It's really forced me to adapt and change up my marketing strategies.

Zizka

I tried Deviant Art and got 16 messages which is a lot more than other websites. The levels vary greatly but I figured I'd let you guys know in case you're also looking for collaborators.

I second deviant art. If you have an idea of what art style you are targeting you can think up some search terms related to it and scroll through the results. I just send DM’s with an explanation/offer to the ones I think are suited well. Has worked alright for me in the past and it’s good to be able to see everyone’s back catalogue.