• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Forum Issue Where to go if we have an issue with a mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guy_Typing

If we are having an issue with a mod and feel like we are being treated unfairly do we have any recourse of action, anyone to elevate a complaint to or do we basically have to take our business elsewhere?

G

Guy_Typing

post a thread about it for the community to discuss.
Is there a less public way to deal with the issue? An appropriate administrator to contact who can assess the situation fairly and deal with it in a fair way as well?

I'll be a little more specific. I tried posting a query for artistic work in the collaboration forum, looking to hire some artwork for a company I'm representing. I was offering to pay money and had some conditions made by the company I'm representing such as exclusive rights for the art and such types of conditions. The moderator said they would not approve the message because they did not find the conditions acceptable. Not only was I confused by this but after defending my case and asking for more clarification they did not respond to me. I then attempted to modify the conditions to appease the mod while still honoring the conditions required by the company, however the mod is still ghosting me (not responding) and this is where I am now.

For the record the original post requesting artwork was made Thursday at 2:46 pm, so almost 3 days ago at this point. I have noticed that the mod has been on to read every single one of my messages and each time has chosen to not respond to my messages.

G

Guest User

good question, actually. afaik these sorts of disputes are normally settled between the user and the moderator themselves.

you will likely have to wait until a YYG Staff member or another mod respond to this thread to find out if there are any alternative courses of action. and sometimes they take awhile, lol.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
...sometimes they take awhile, lol.
Yeah, we're busy banning members and trying to make their lives miserable. Oh wait... we're game developers. Our lives are already miserable. ;)

Seriously, this is better handled between the member and the moderator. Mods in charge of Collaborations want it to succeed. And they want member's topics to succeed. So when they request changes, it's because they feel that will enhance the chances for success.

So it's best to work directly with them to resolve disagreements. In the end, you'll get better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.