• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Where is the texture group screen!

I

icuurd12b42

This screen!
Texture Groups
I cant find any information about this screen, more precisely where is it? how do I get to it!!! aside the fact that it exists

I upgraded from gms1 pro the gms2 so I believe the screen should be somewhere... I been looking for the last 30 minutes and darnit it's nowhere to be found

rIKmAN

This screen!
Texture Groups
I cant find any information about this screen, more precisely where is it? how do I get to it!!! aside the fact that it exists

I upgraded from gms1 pro the gms2 so I believe the screen should be somewhere... I been looking for the last 30 minutes and darnit it's nowhere to be found
"Tools > Texture Groups" in the top menu (ie. File Menu)

I

icuurd12b42

Yeah, it would be helpful if this important little detail was actually in the help file. I kept digging and digging in the game option...

I

icuurd12b42

Well. You guys can support each other in this if that makes you feel better :p... What the hell did you search for Nocturne? Tools Menu because you know it's there? (I'm being jovial, here sorry, I reared this and it feels like bashing)

The ONLY way to find ANY information about Texture Groups without reading the whole things is using the search index

upload_2017-5-14_15-31-48.png

On which there is NOTHING that says where to access it from

Just put where it can be accessed from in the page I linked. the only place there is a reference where the option is available from is in the tools menu page. which mean I must stumble upon it by coincidence

Here's where the term texture group are actually referenced

upload_2017-5-14_15-34-15.png

Yes, I can facepalm myself for not using my /c option initially. but yeah. The only place it is stated where to access the option is in the tools_menu. and that page is very unlikely to be found without my mod BTW...

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell did you search for Nocturne? Tools Menu because you know it's there? (I'm being jovial, here sorry, I reared this and it feels like bashing)
Looks like you are using the Index tab to search, is that right? Only asking as the Index looks to be the active tab (the text is raised compared with the text for the other tabs). If you use the Search tab you get a lot less stuff for "texture group" and only one seems to indicate a menu (The Tools Menu):

upload_2017-5-15_10-33-51.png

I do agree with Mike though as this would definitely make things clearer:
Just mention the menu from the texture page group - or back link from there.

I

icuurd12b42

Looks like you are using the Index tab to search, is that right? Only asking as the Index looks to be the active tab (the text is raised compared with the text for the other tabs). If you use the Search tab you get a lot less stuff for "texture group" and only one seems to indicate a menu (The Tools Menu):

View attachment 9678
Hmm, looks like I also need to redo my search index on my end... I think my indexer missed a few pages