• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

where is the lint error logs!?

RizbIT

i am getting compile error when using Appodeal Ad SDK extension latest version.

so i need to show them the error logs (summat to do with manifest)

debug console says lint error logged to
C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\App\Android\Default\uk.me.app\build\outputs\lint-results.html

but theres no file there

where are the error logs for latest GMS build?

rIKmAN

i am getting compile error when using Appodeal Ad SDK extension latest version.

so i need to show them the error logs (summat to do with manifest)

debug console says lint error logged to
C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\App\Android\Default\uk.me.app\build\outputs\lint-results.html

but theres no file there

where are the error logs for latest GMS build?
I thought Appodeal stopped supporting GMS: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/ads-integration-with-appodeal-tips.42946/

If that's the case you may want to look at using something else as any future updates are likely to break compatibility (and your apps).

RizbIT

I thought Appodeal stopped supporting GMS: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/ads-integration-with-appodeal-tips.42946/

If that's the case you may want to look at using something else as any future updates are likely to break compatibility (and your apps).
i been talking to their support today,
the previous appodeal extension was working fine well i had to edit the manifest injection at application level.

they gave me new extension version but it gives multiple manifest merger errors

rIKmAN

i been talking to their support today,
the previous appodeal extension was working fine well i had to edit the manifest injection at application level.

they gave me new extension version but it gives multiple manifest merger errors
Weird that their support are telling one person they don't support it anymore, and then sending another an updated version.
Might be an idea for you to post in that thread and let them know.

Have they said they will be supporting / updating it going forward?

If the folder exists where that lint report should be, keep it open and watch it while you compile as I've had it before where it gets created and then deleted straight away for some reason.

RizbIT

weird...
there must be some game maker error logs as it says check logs in the debug console

oh i just asked appodeal and they said they ceased support 1st march but i can still carry on using it....

rIKmAN

weird...
there must be some game maker error logs as it says check logs in the debug console

oh i just asked appodeal and they said they ceased support 1st march but i can still carry on using it....
Is Lint Reporting enabled in the Android settings?

Ah OK if they are ceasing support I would say it's a pretty bad idea to keep trying to use it, unless you are going to be creating / maintaining your own extension for it to keep everything up to date as things change on both the Appodeal side and the GMS side.

RizbIT

there appodeal extension apparently or actually does work as they just sent me their ttest demo project which i compiled and it worked

the problem is it conflicts with GooglePlayServicesExtension which im using for iap

the issue seems to be with conflicting gradle injections i just removed:

from the GooglePlayServicesExtension gradle injections and it now seems to work wowzers

Solution:
if using Appodeal Ad SDK with Google Services Extension...

Go to GoogleServicesExtension -> Android -> Inject to Gradle Dependencies -> and change

Code:
 compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-games:9.6.1'
 compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:9.6.1'
 compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-plus:9.6.1'
 compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-gcm:9.6.1'
to
Code:

Last edited:

rIKmAN

there appodeal extension apparently or actually does work as they just sent me their ttest demo project which i compiled and it worked

the problem is it conflicts with GooglePlayServicesExtension which im using for iap

the issue seems to be with conflicting gradle injections i just removed:

from the GooglePlayServicesExtension gradle injections and it now seems to work wowzers

Solution:
if using Appodeal Ad SDK with Google Services Extension...

Go to GoogleServicesExtension -> Android -> Inject to Gradle Dependencies -> and change

Code:
 compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:9.6.1'
to
Code:
Good stuff, and thanks for posting the information on the fix.

I would still keep an eye on it going forward though if they have ceased support - you don't want to go all in with it in your apps only to be left having to completely change your code if a future update of GMS2 or the SDK breaks compatibility.

RizbIT

Good stuff, and thanks for posting the information on the fix.

I would still keep an eye on it going forward though if they have ceased support - you don't want to go all in with it in your apps only to be left having to completely change your code if a future update of GMS2 or the SDK breaks compatibility.
i wont be going for GMS2 i forked out more than enought for GMS and all the export modules.

which marketplace ad extension is a good easy one to use that has good ecpm

zbox

GMC Elder
They aren't ceasing support - they're just stopping their support for their Gamemaker implementation. Plenty of SDKs that don't have a GM implementation but still work :p (if not most)

RizbIT

OK next solution (talk about hard work...)
If using Appodeal Ad SDK with GoogleServicesExtension and GoogleServicesIAPExtension

In Appodeal remove everything from the Inject to Gradle section
Leave everything in the Inject to Gradle section for GoogleServicesExtension same as the original version, but remove everything from the inject to Manifest Application Level section
Global Game Settings -> Android -> General -> Min SDK has to be 14 or over

rIKmAN

i wont be going for GMS2 i forked out more than enought for GMS and all the export modules.

which marketplace ad extension is a good easy one to use that has good ecpm
You should probably start looking into a new engine then, as once 1.4 is sunsetted I doubt it will be long before Apple/Google change something in their SDKs that break the 1.4 mobile exports, and they won't be getting updated so you'll be stuck.

The Heyzap Mediation Extension has great feedback (30+ 5* reviews on the Marketplace) and seems to be the best from what I have seen, though I haven't used it personally.

RizbIT

i got a basic app to work with the above fixes and appodeal.

i added the new appodeal sdk to an exsiting game, made the fixes, but when i goto compile it started the gradle then hangs, cpu usage goes to 99% and it just stays like that. so wont compile.

RizbIT

Had enough.....hese guys have made an extension that like conflicts with every other extension so when you add another extension theres stops working. It works fine when using there demo project with just 3 extensions..the appodeal one and 2 other googleservice extensions. so it must be conflicting with another one

RizbIT

Code:
To run dex in process, the Gradle daemon needs a larger heap.
It currently has 1024 MB.
For faster builds, increase the maximum heap size for the Gradle daemon to at least 2560512 MB (based on the dexOptions.javaMaxHeapSize = 2500g).
2560512 MB !?

EDIT: its in GB so had to set it as 2 (not 2000)

alternative fix.

in the appodeal manifest injection
add this to the top
Code:
<meta-data android:name="com.appodeal.framework" android:value="gm" />
and remove these lines from around lines 21
Code:
<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" />
<activity android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity"
 android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize"
    android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent" />
Remove the inject to gradle dependencies from appodeal sdk and leave GoogleServicesExtension as it is, no need to touch it. compile and should work ...dont forget min sdk of 14 in android settings.

Last edited: