• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - GML Visual Where is the comments & arrow breaks DnD

Heathenlamb

Hi guys ... I am recently returned to GMS after a long hiatus and using GMS 2.0 for the first time. Love the new DnD system but where is the Comments DnD Icon ????? I really need this to help me keep track of where things are at. I have searched the forum and internet but can't find any info. Same with the arrow break icons we used to have. They were awesome for helping me group sections of "dnd code" ... I can't find them anywhere.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There is no comments DnD... :( I do believe that one will be getting added however as it is true that a a lot of people miss it.As for the "arrows", these are no longer necessary given that the chaining workflow shows the different indentations for If/while/etc... and you can simply drag an action set to the right yourself in the DnD workspace.

Heathenlamb

Ok cool ... thanks for the reply. I must be missing something. I couldn't get it to ident with the if/then's I just put in. It just put one straight row of icons in the event. I couldn't separate the sections at all, and there was no visible difference. I could see the flow in the right panel for the "section" .. but visually the whole chain of DnD icons were straight up and down without a difference.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
When using "if" (and some other) actions you need to drop the ones that would be in the control arrows before, to the RIGHT of the "if" action. In the manual there is an image showing this, for example here: https://docs2.yoyogames.com/index.html?page=source/_build/3_scripting/2_drag_and_drop_reference/collision_actions/if_object_at.html

Your actions should flow like this:

You can see at a glance with this structure that there are different levels of code indentation. If your actions don't look like this then it would suggest you aren't doing something right, or there is an issue somewhere (bug maybe?). If you can't get it to look like this, then please post a screenshot of what you've got, as that'll give us a better idea of what could be going on.

Heathenlamb

Oh yep , that is exactly what I get in the chain for a group of if/then statements. I was more referring to the column on the direct left of that panel. I want to be able to "separate" the groups of if/then statements in THAT column, so at a glance I can see where one section starts and another ends .. at the moment they just run into each other

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hmmm... Other than positioning them yourself (you can click and drag an action to place it elsewhere) then there is nothing else you can do, sorry. Feel free to file suggestions with YYG about these things, including the comments one (the more that request it the sooner it'll be done!).