• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Where is my game!?

Pizuar

Suddenly when trying to open GameMaker Studio 2 I get a message saying "Your GameMaker Studio 2 - 30 Day Trial has expired. I bought the Desktop version 1,5 years ago and have been using it since then, now it's suddenly gone from my account. Anyone else experiencing this?

Pizuar

Try logging into your account from within the IDE again. Does this resolve the problem?

If not, log onto your account from https://account.yoyogames.com and check which licenses are linked to your account.

If you are unable to locate your license there, please use the contact form at https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us to contact customer support, as the community would not be able to help you in that case.
It was gone from my account here on the website also, but it's back now for some reason. Thanks anyway.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Did you purchase your license from Steam by any chance? They are currently experiencing technical issues, and Steam licenses may be affected by this as a result.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
The licensing system may be pulling licensing data from Steam servers (but I can not confirm this as I am not a YoYo Games employee), so if you only have Steam licenses linked to your account, they may not be available during a Steam outage. This is just me guessing based on a similar topic, though.

Pizuar

The licensing system may be pulling licensing data from Steam servers (but I can not confirm this as I am not a YoYo Games employee), so if you only have Steam licenses linked to your account, they may not be available during a Steam outage. This is just me guessing based on a similar topic, though.
Ah yes, I think you're right. Been browsing around myself and that seems likely to be the case. To me it kinda defeats the purpose of having a no-steam version though.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
The non-Steam version works regardless of Steam's licensing servers' online status, provided that you purchased a license directly from YoYo Games and not Steam (still under the assumption that linked Steam licenses require Steam servers). In that case, license verification will be bound to YoYo Games' servers.

Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you again. :) Steam seems to have resolved its temporary outage, so licenses should remain available at least until the next time someone drops a milkshake on their servers.