Where is GM6.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeSoft

Okay, weird question - but as I was walking through my old backups, I found an old gem. I managed to get my old mysql database back (with all accounts and inventories), get the server to run (good ol 39dll and gmsql.dll), and the client actually boots. Now when I tried to connect to the server - 14 year old me stabbed me in the eye.

"Your version (1.4) is wrongly dated with the servers version (1.3)".

I've tried editing the server and client executable to change the string name of the version check.. But what I would love is to run 6.1, compile my server (the latest version), run it through the compatibility fixer, and run my 10 year old game again. Wander about in my virtual world that I haven't touched in 10 years, and should still be there. For nostalgia's sake.

I found a 1MB gm61.exe installer, but it tells me "this file contains invalid data".

Does anyone know how I can run a game.gm6 file again? :( You'd make me a happy man. Oh, and I'll make you admin in Cultures Online - the 10 year old game that i never finished. (this is a joke, im not working on it)

Binsk

Check GameMaker.nl on the Wayback Machine near the end of 2005.

I'd give a link but the site isn't loading right on my phone.

Edit: Ah, got it to work, [link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Sorry guys, we cannot permit links to previous versions as they are NOT supported by YYG. This may be a community run forum, but it's still owned by YYG and offering links to unsupported products is not something that we are allowed to have. Previous versions of GM are easy enough to find with Google without having them linked here.

Status
Not open for further replies.