• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Where is "add-ons" tab in game options?

A

Akku

According to official documentation, there should be "add-ons" tab in game options > main.
IAP_GoogleServices.png
But on my side, it looks like this:

Untitled-1.png

There is only "general" tab in game options, and no "add-ons" tab. I'm using Steam version, IDE v2.3.0.529, Runtime v2.3.0.401. Spent several hours trying to figure out where that "add-ons" tab is, or how I can install Google Play services without it, and I'm still absolutely clueless. What I am missing?

A

Akku

The Add-ons option no longer exists and the manual makes no mention of it... : https://manual.yoyogames.com/Settings/Game_Options.htm

If any help desk articles still reference it then please file a bug to get the articles updated.
And how do I add Google Play extension then? I used this official guide:

And it says that in order to use IAPs I should install Google Play services using "add-ons" tab.

A

Akku

I also tried importing Google Play services package from the marketplace, but it always ends up with "error importing package". I don't understand why it doesn't work. Is there any official guide for adding Google Play extension? The current guide available on YoYoGames website is apparently outdated, since it says to use "add-ons" tab to install it. :rolleyes:

Untitled-2.png

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Downloading from the MP should work fine and if it doesn't then, again, you should file a bug report I'm afraid.

O.Stogden

Game Maker Studio updated to 2.3 about 2 weeks ago.

It would seem Google Play Services isn't available for it and the version on the marketplace is likely for Game Maker Studio 2.2, not 2.3. I couldn't provide more info for you than that.

I'd suggest you download and stick to 2.2.5 right now. Even though 2.3 is on the "stable" release branch, it shouldn't really be out of beta yet.

I also tried importing Google Play services package from the marketplace, but it always ends up with "error importing package". I don't understand why it doesn't work. Is there any official guide for adding Google Play extension? The current guide available on YoYoGames website is apparently outdated, since it says to use "add-ons" tab to install it. :rolleyes:

View attachment 33906
Hi, did you manage to solve this issue? I'm in the same situation...