Where do I buy Game Maker 8.1?

J

Jaydors19

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this. If this is, moving this topic to appropriate forum would be much appreciated.

Where do I purchase Game Maker 8.1? When I go to the YoYo Games website it just shows Game Maker Studio. I own GMS 2 already, but I would like to also own Game Maker 8.1 like I used to long ago on my old machine. I do not want to download it illegally as I feel YYG has done an amazing job on all these products and deserve to get money for all of them. After searching their website, I also googled to try and find it with no results. Am I just blind or am I correct in assuming that it is no longer available for purchase? Is it available somewhere else?

Also I owned GMS1.4 and upgraded to GM2 on my new machine. I didn't see a download feature for 1, just for 2 on the website. Even under purchase you can't purchase a version only 1 version older??? I'm more familiar with 8.1 layout and 1.4 wasn't too bad to get used to. But 2 is just a totally different program and the weird popouts and such actually slow development speed down quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
8.1 has been taken off sale for years now, just use GMS 1.4 with the GM8 theme on if you miss it.

J

Jaydors19

How do I downgrade from 2 to 1.4? No obvious download link exists for 1.4. It's only 1 version older too
@FrostyCat

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
If you have a 1.x key from an existing purchase or bundled with 2.x, download the installer from the Release Notes and enter that key.

You shouldn't be forced to uninstall 1.x for upgrading to 2.x, I have both running at the same time on my laptop just fine.

J

Jaydors19

It's only showing Game Maker Studio 2...

Where is the download button for 1.4? I don't see it anywhere on their website. Maybe I have another account hidden somewhere on another email, but as I recall this is the ONLY email I have with YYG Main Website. And it's the account I used my debit card on.

Untitled.png

Dmi7ry

It's only showing Game Maker Studio 2...

Where is the download button for 1.4? I don't see it anywhere on their website. Maybe I have another account hidden somewhere on another email, but as I recall this is the ONLY email I have with YYG Main Website. And it's the account I used my debit card on.
What license of GMS1.x did you use? Standard/Free or any paid license? Because I have paid license of GMS1.x. Also YoYo said that GMS1.x Pro is available with any paid license of GMS2.