• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Where can I download GameMaker Mac version?

S

Stranger-Games

Hi,

have built my android version of the game using the windows editor successfully, now I want to build my game for iOS, but I cannot download the mac version of game maker. Every time I press the download link, the .exe file is downloaded. I need to get the Mac version of the Game Maker.
I tried to retrieve license and get steam key, and activate the game maker standard on steam, then open in mac, but it just opens the player and not the editor.

Thanks for advance.

S

Stranger-Games

There is no Mac version of GMS 1.x, stop trying.

The iOS export requires a Mac to build, but it doesn't involve installing GMS on the Mac. It involves installing GMS on the Windows machine and XCode on the Mac, then setting the GMS on Windows to SSH into the Mac. Read the instructions.
Thank you very much. Exactly what I needed.
I am new to GameMaker, and I came across tutorials that uses a Mac version, that's why I was confused. :D

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Howdy, Stranger-Games, and welcome to the GMC. $:^ J

Ah, yes, old tutorials. The good news is that GM4Mac (which was severely outdated even when it was being released -- long story) is no longer available. The better news is that the big new version of GM (see #Time2MeetYourMaker for teasers -- YYG's been working on this for years) is finally just around the corner and is intended to run cross-platform instead of Windows-only!

Regards,
Bob $:^ J

S

Stranger-Games

Howdy, Stranger-Games, and welcome to the GMC. $:^ J

Ah, yes, old tutorials. The good news is that GM4Mac (which was severely outdated even when it was being released -- long story) is no longer available. The better news is that the big new version of GM (see #Time2MeetYourMaker for teasers -- YYG's been working on this for years) is finally just around the corner and is intended to run cross-platform instead of Windows-only!

Regards,
Bob $:^ J
Thanks for the info!