• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Where are the HTML5 files saved?

M

msuarez

Good Morning

I am making a game in Game Maker Studio 2, as a tool to collect specific information, which I store in a .txt file, to later be able to access it. The code I use to generate the file currently is as follows:

1601388261521.png

The goal is to run the game using the HTML5 platform. I have done tests on the Windows platform and the file is stored in the "AppData \ Local" folder where I can access the information, but when I run it in HTML5 I can't find where the "ArchivoDatos.txt" file is saved to access el, I have found information that is saved locally in the html5 / folder, but I cannot find such a folder, I have made a thorough search in the C: o folders using the system symbol but I cannot access the file.

I appreciate if anyone knows where I can locate this file, it is very important to be able to access it, thank you very much.

1601388228968.png

Attachments

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
On HTML5 files are saved into the local storage within the browser - if you are on Chrome then Open Developer Tools (other browsers have similar tools, have a look for a Developer menu) then select Application across the top and then Local Storage from the menu on the Left - you should be able to find the file inside the storage container for your site name (if you are debugging locally it would be under the 127.0.0.1 section.

I hope that helps

Russell

On HTML5 files are saved into the local storage within the browser - if you are on Chrome then Open Developer Tools (other browsers have similar tools, have a look for a Developer menu) then select Application across the top and then Local Storage from the menu on the Left - you should be able to find the file inside the storage container for your site name (if you are debugging locally it would be under the 127.0.0.1 section.

I hope that helps

Russell
What you are suggesting will only work when he opens the project himself.
When I open it from my home, he won't be able to retrieve the data he needs.

The short answer i believe, is that he cannot do what he wants this way.
html5 store the data in the local cache of each browser.

If you want to retrieve the data you collect, you must send them over to a database.