• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Where are my room editor tools?

W

Will

Hello,

I upgraded my license to GMS2 this morning. I am playing with a new project and created a new room, this
is what I see.

According to the help file, however, this
is what I should be seeing, correct? With the tools on the left side?

I have never opened GMS2 before this and this was my very first time creating a new room on the platform. Any help as to how to open the Room Editor window would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Go to the "Layouts" menu and select "reset layout" and see if that resolves the issue...

gnysek

This worked, thanks! Not sure what would have caused the issue initially but we are good to go :)
You've just closed tabs. Most of them can be opened again from "Windows" menu (you can even have several of resource trees). In case of Room, it can be opened from "Room" menu (visible when in room).

P

Palocles

Why is there no option to reopen the room editor if closed, without resetting the layout?

This seems like a simple thing that's been overlooked.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
But... the post that's literally right above yours tells you how...? (and it has done so for three years already)

This seems like a simple thing that's been overlooked indeed... ;)