• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED Whenever my character is next to a wall and jumps it bugs

firestar

Whenever I am touching a wall and jump my character starts to move up and down violently and I want to fix is. Is there any to fix this?

Also I don't know how to link a video to this post where it shows the bug

Bentley

Does the sprite_index change when the character goes from the wall to jumping? If yes, are the sprite's origins aligned and are the sprite's bounding boxes the same? If no, then you may be going into the wall and then your movement code is shaking your poor character.

firestar

Does the sprite_index change when the character goes from the wall to jumping? If yes, are the sprite's origins aligned and are the sprite's bounding boxes the same? If no, then you may be going into the wall and then your movement code is shaking your poor character.
Thanks it worked now :D

Last edited: