• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

When The War Began - New Graphics!

Bingdom

Googledom
upload_2016-9-16_1-40-27.png
upload_2016-9-16_1-40-55.png
upload_2016-9-16_1-42-59.png
upload_2016-9-16_1-43-57.png
upload_2016-9-16_1-45-42.png

A game that consists of AI finding and driving vehicles, combating each other.
It features:
~ Troops can heal you and its teammmates
~ 9 Different weapons - Minigun, Machine Gun, Rifle, Sniper rifle, Medkit, Bazooka, AT Rifle, Tank turrets and Armed car machine gun
~ 3 Different Vehicles - Car, Tank and Armed Car
~ Clever AI - They will wonder around the map, heal teammates and control vehicles. Troops inside cars will transport weapons to your base
~ Realistic armour values, bounce bullets off armour and penetrate with no angle on the surface

Plans for the future (May Change!)
~ Upgrades/Research
~ LAN Combat, Racing, Different game types, etc.
~ Have multiple seats per vehicle
~ Have supply zones and supply trucks, use the supply to have more respawns and ammo/guns. Park the trucks near the zone to fill up, then return back to base. - Partially implemented
~ More vehicles and guns
~ Improve the graphics
~ Optimize the AI
~ Explosions
~ Buildings
~ Sandbox mode
~ Build defenses - Probably not
~ Have loadouts, select and customize your vehicles, squad and weapons before you begin a match

Hover your mouse over the troops to get information about them, the blue ring represents the troops view range, which is when the troop can see you and the yellow ring represents gun range, the range it can fire at you. The red line means the direction the troop is facing.

Click on the vehicles/weapons to bring up a stats menu on them. It will provide details about each and every weapon

The names under the troop means what current state the troop is in.
Find_Gun Means i am looking for a weapon.
Get_Gun Gun found, moving to it.
Standby means i am looking around, possibly moving.
Follow means there is an enemy, i will chase it until in gun range and fire, or a teammate needs healing
Vehicle_Combat Means i am in a combat vehicle, i will move around and look for targets.
Vehicle_Combat_Chase means i found an enemy while in a vehicle, i will chase my target until i am in gun range and fire.
Car_Vehicle means i am seeing if there are any misplaced weapons, if not then i will decide to return to the team base
Car_Retrieve means moving misplaced weapons to return to my base.
Car_Return_Base means i am full of storage, need to return back to base or i got nothing to do, returning to a safe position.

Press F5 to restart the game and change background colours.

### DOWNLOADS ###
v0.0.8.0 [Latest]
Download
v0.0.8.0
*== Improvements ==*
~ Added capping zones which drop supply crates
~ Added turrets which can be repaired after being destroyed
~ Improved scrolling after death
~ Cars now deploy weapons in friendly cap circles. If there is none they will go to the safe zone
~ Improved font
~ Added troop names
~ Now only 15v15 battles
~ Troops now respawn at a cost of supply.
~ Vehicles at team spawn no longer collide with same team spawn vehicles
~ Added a new gun - MedGun More heal range, faster firerate but less healing power

*== Balance Changes ==*
~ Medkit heal reduced from .5 to .4

*== Bug Fixes ==*
~ Fixed bug that medics sometimes had insane heal rates
~ Fixed tank's hitbox
~ Fixed a bug that prevented you from receiving the vehicle although you had the exact right amount of supply
v0.0.7.0
Download
v0.0.7.0 [Graphics update | OUTDATED!]
*== Improvements ==*
~ AI as been redone, this includes new names for AI states and 2 new states - Get_Gun and Car_Vehicle
~ Graphics improved
~ Added smoke effects when shooting

*== Bug Fixes ==*
~ Fixed Troop doesn't reset the angle when player replaces it in vehicle
~ Fixed updating when troop doesn't have a weapon
v0.0.6.0
Download
v0.0.6.0 [Biggest Update! | OUTDATED!]
*== Improvements ==*
~ Added gun sound effects
~ Added heartbeat sound effects
~ Added vehicle sound effects
~ AI improved and more efficient
~ Chances of AI state being frozen has been decreased
~ Troops now go inside the vehicle instantly
~ You can now jump into teammate vehicles
~ Added 2 new backgrounds, yellow and grey

*== Balance Changes ==*
~ Rifle's pen has been increased from 3 to 3.2
~ Armed Car's pen has been increased from 7 to 7.5
~ Tank's range has been reduced from 192 to 180

*== Bug Fixes ==*
~ Fixed a bug that changed cross hairs when your vehicle has been destroyed although you still had a weapon
~ Fixed weapons being inaccessible when car gets destroyed
~ Fixed troops being unable to embark and getting killed by the vehicle you died in
~ Buying vehicles no longer has a chance to freeze the game
~ Fixed weapons displaying incorrect stats and name
~ Medics no longer accidentally go into vehicles
v0.0.5.0
Download
v0.0.5.0[OUTDATED!]
~ Camera does not move out as much when aiming
~ Added tank tracks on the ground for tanks
~ New weapon - AT Rifle
~ Going inside ally resource zone now heals teammates
~ Moving Diagonal no longer makes you faster
~ Crosshairs now follow vehicle turret rotation
~ Vehicles now collide with other vehicles and troops
~ Crash fixes
~ Added a injured filter screen
~ Bug fixes
*== Balance Changes ==*
~ Bazooka accuracy improved from 18 to 14
~ Tank damage reduced from 15 to 10
~ Tank speed has been reduced from 1 to 0.75
~ Medkit bullet velocity increased from 1 to 2
v0.0.4.0
Download
v0.0.4.0[OUTDATED!]
*== Improvements ==*
~ Improved Grass texture
~ Added smooth panning
~ Added crosshairs - helps alot with getting weapon ranges and accuracy
~ Added weapon stats when you click on them
~ Clicking on vehicles and weapons will now provide their stats
~ Troop targeting system modified
~ Troops are now more likely to get into a vehicle
*== Balance Changes ==*
~ Minigun damage reduced from 0.7 to 0.5
~ Tank's front armour has been reduced from 9 to 7
~ Tank's pen has been reduced from 10 to 8
*== Bug Fixes ==*
~ Fixed bug of medics changing team when their vehicle gets destroyed
~ Fixed bug that when buying a tank, it spawns a Armed car instead
v0.0.3.0
Download
v0.0.3.0[OUTDATED!]
~ Fixed bug that made medics attempting to attack enemies
~ Crash Fixes
~ Minigun nerfed
~ Font Changed
~ Room width doubled
~ Optimizations
~ Added buttons to buy vehicles and troops
~ Troops inside vehicles now update their gun range
~ If enemies have enough supply, they will now try to spawn units
~ Faster top bar update speed
v0.0.2.0
Download
v0.0.2.0[OUTDATED!]
~ Troops no longer get frozen when there is no weapons around
~ Troops inside Cars no longer get frozen when cargo is partially full and there is no more guns laying around
~ A weapon inside different team zone no longer freezes Troop Car AI
~ Added a bar at the top indicating the amount of weapons you have compared to enemy weapons and unowned weapons
~ Weapons now randomly spawn around the map
~ Max storage of cars has been reduced from 5 to 3
~ Troops Target now updates every time it shoots, instead of being focused on 1 enemy
v0.0.1.0
v0.0.1.0[OUTDATED!]
~Troops inside cars will now try to transport guns to their base
~ Now can restart the game when the player has died
Download
v0.0.0.1
v0.0.0.1[OUTDATED!]
Public Release
Download

I am open for suggestions :)

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
Update:
~ Fixed a bug that prevented you and other troops from entering a vehicle after a troop inside it has died
~ Fixed the troop compositions from having the wrong order
~ Medics now repair vehicles
Download link is the same ^^

H

Heat4Life

Bruhh, That is awesome! I have a suggestion, Would you mind changing the font a little more better and High Quality? The game looks really awesome! :D

7bones

Maybe less of green? Try grey or something with background-now I see splash of colors.
But the game have big potencial.Show video gameplay (but without tons of green)-i liked idea

Bingdom

Googledom
Wow thanks so much for the feedback.
Bruhh, That is awesome! I have a suggestion, Would you mind changing the font a little more better and High Quality? The game looks really awesome! :D
Thanks for the feedback. Sure, i will do that. :)

Maybe less of green? Try grey or something with background-now I see splash of colors.
But the game have big potencial.Show video gameplay (but without tons of green)-i liked idea
Thanks for the feedback. A lot of the sprites are just fillers, but i will keep in mind to avoid so much green. Thanks! :)

Just made a quick update to fix the medics not healing troops inside the vehicles and changed the looks of the armed jeep and car, still just fillers. :) Download link is still the same as description.

EDIT:
New Update!
~ Vehicles that are badly damaged now emit particles (Feedback PLS!)
~ Troops in vehicles will now move towards their enemies and angle when in range and necessary.

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
New Update!
~ Turret rotation now faster for AI and player
~ Troops are now given less range, to avoid medics thinking they can heal things while they are out of range
~ Optimizations
Download link is the same.
Will create separate versions soon

Bingdom

Googledom
New Big Update!
v0.0.2.0
Download
~ Troops no longer get frozen when there is no weapons around
~ Troops inside Cars no longer get frozen when cargo is partially full and there is no more guns laying around
~ A weapon inside different team zone no longer freezes Troop Car AI
~ Added a bar at the top indicating the amount of weapons you have compared to enemy weapons and unowned weapons
~ Weapons now randomly spawn around the map
~ Max storage of cars has been reduced from 5 to 3
~ Troops Target now updates every time it shoots, instead of being focused on 1 enemy

Note:
The bar up the top updates slowly because it's unoptimized, and i prefer the game to run smooth. Will be optimized and fixed soon. Also, the supplies are going to be used to buy new vehicles, or upgrade, or even research. Still trying to think of good ideas

Bingdom

Googledom
New Update!
Download
v0.0.3.0
~ Fixed bug that made medics attempting to attack enemies
~ Crash Fixes
~ Minigun nerfed
~ Font Changed
~ Room width doubled
~ Optimizations
~ Added buttons to buy vehicles and troops
~ Troops inside vehicles now update their gun range
~ If enemies have enough supply, they will now try to spawn units
~ Faster top bar update speed

jazzzar

Sorry to say but the colors gave me a headache, let me tell you my honest opinion, i'm not an artist in any way, but as a gamer, from a gamer's point of view, these graphics are bad, they can not work more than placeholders, sorry if i sounded harsh but i'm trying to give you some constructive cricitism, it's up to you at the end, good luck because it seems like a cool concept

Bingdom

Googledom
Sorry to say but the colors gave me a headache, let me tell you my honest opinion, i'm not an artist in any way, but as a gamer, from a gamer's point of view, these graphics are bad, they can not work more than placeholders, sorry if i sounded harsh but i'm trying to give you some constructive cricitism, it's up to you at the end, good luck because it seems like a cool concept
Don't worry, I'm going more for functionality than graphics for now. Absolutely everything are placeholders and will be changing in the future, especially the grass. I always tend to try to make original games. Thanks for your constructive feedback! BTW, do you know any decent art programs that can produce smooth art, similar to your current game. I normally use gimp 2, but it's kinda getting outdated.

jazzzar

Don't worry, I'm going more for functionality than graphics for now. Absolutely everything are placeholders and will be changing in the future, especially the grass. I always tend to try to make original games. Thanks for your constructive feedback! BTW, do you know any decent art programs that can produce smooth art, similar to your current game. I normally use gimp 2, but it's kinda getting outdated.
Great! That will be a great game, well my game's art are 💩💩💩💩, i made them myself and i know nothing about making art, for your surprise i made these using the game maker's sprite editor, if you want to make vector art go for inkscape, for pixel art there's many so google is your best bet, Best of luck with your game

C

casey

Looks like a good start... Needs a sort of game start you are here thing because I just stood around and looked at the score while my team just killed everything. I eventually figured out how to spawn armies and fought them a bit. Then I almost died and jumped in a tank for a bit until the stats disappeared, maybe I died(oh this was earlier version, stats stay with later one)? not sure. Needs more alerts to let the player know what is going on hah! Also if player dies maybe a way to pan around and watch the rest of the battle?

Bingdom

Googledom
Looks like a good start... Needs a sort of game start you are here thing because I just stood around and looked at the score while my team just killed everything. I eventually figured out how to spawn armies and fought them a bit. Then I almost died and jumped in a tank for a bit until the stats disappeared, maybe I died(oh this was earlier version, stats stay with later one)? not sure. Needs more alerts to let the player know what is going on hah! Also if player dies maybe a way to pan around and watch the rest of the battle?
Thanks for the feedback, i now have noted your feedback and i will try to work out how to effectively help the player work out what's going on by providing a minimap and/or navigation arrows. Also i will provide panning after the player's death in the next update ;).

It's true, you used to not be able to restart and show stats if the player has died. This was changed in v0.0.1.0.

Bingdom

Googledom
New Update v0.0.4.0
Download
*== Improvements ==*
~ Improved Grass texture
~ Added smooth panning
~ Added crosshairs - helps alot with getting weapon ranges and accuracy
~ Added weapon stats when you click on them
~ Clicking on vehicles and weapons will now provide their stats
~ Troop targeting system modified
~ Troops are now more likely to get into a vehicle
*== Balance Changes ==*
~ Minigun damage reduced from 0.7 to 0.5
~ Tank's front armour has been reduced from 9 to 7
~ Tank's pen has been reduced from 10 to 8
*== Bug Fixes ==*
~ Fixed bug of medics changing team when their vehicle gets destroyed
~ Fixed bug that when buying a tank, it spawns a Armed car instead

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
New update!
Download
v0.0.5.0
~ Camera does not move out as much when aiming
~ Added tank tracks on the ground for tanks
~ New weapon - AT Rifle
~ Going inside ally resource zone now heals teammates
~ Moving Diagonal no longer makes you faster
~ Crosshairs now follow vehicle turret rotation
~ Vehicles now collide with other vehicles and troops
~ Crash fixes
~ Added a injured screen filter
~ Bug fixes
*== Balance Changes ==*
~ Bazooka accuracy improved from 18 to 14
~ Tank damage reduced from 15 to 10
~ Tank speed has been reduced from 1 to 0.75
~ Medkit bullet velocity increased from 1 to 2

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
v0.0.6.0 - Sound effects!
*== Improvements ==*
~ Added gun sound effects
~ Added heartbeat sound effects
~ Added vehicle sound effects
~ AI improved and more efficient
~ Chances of AI state being frozen has been decreased
~ Troops now go inside the vehicle instantly
~ You can now jump into teammate vehicles
~ Added 2 new backgrounds, yellow and grey

*== Balance Changes ==*
~ Rifle's pen has been increased from 3 to 3.2
~ Armed Car's pen has been increased from 7 to 7.5
~ Tank's range has been reduced from 192 to 180

*== Bug Fixes ==*
~ Fixed a bug that changed cross hairs when your vehicle has been destroyed although you still had a weapon
~ Fixed weapons being inaccessible when car gets destroyed
~ Fixed troops being unable to embark and getting killed by the vehicle you died in
~ Buying vehicles no longer has a chance to freeze the game
~ Fixed weapons displaying incorrect stats and name
~ Medics no longer accidentally go into vehicles

I think i might've encouraged someone to help support my art, hopefully they will be committed to this project. ;)

Bingdom

Googledom
After spending a good solid few hours on the art, I managed to get a decent result. A lot of graphics still has to go and i still need to implement buildings and some cooler particles (Like used bullet shells).

I had to redo the AI because it was very messy. It did run well, but it was very easy for a bug to run undetected and it was difficult to find. This new AI also helps very much with the targeting system.

Download
v0.0.7.0 [Graphics update]
*== Improvements ==*
~ AI as been redone, this includes new names for AI states and 2 new states - Get_Gun and Car_Vehicle
~ Graphics improved
~ Added smoke effects when shooting

*== Bug Fixes ==*
~ Fixed Troop doesn't reset the angle when player replaces it in vehicle
~ Fixed updating when troop doesn't have a weapon

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
A sneakpeak of a new feature in the game
upload_2016-9-23_17-22-30.png
This game will require a considerable amount of time to even be near to completion. I'm planning to implement different game types (King of the Hill, Standard[3 Cap bases], Domination[Get stronger every cap], Deathmatch and Realistic[Permanent death]), loadouts with more vehicles and possibly a online matchmaking system.

I'm just wondering if the concept of this game is good enough to actually be consumer satisfactory. I'm worried if this game is too boring, lacking in graphics (I tried to improve, GUI will definitely be improved but fillers for now), lacking in game play and never going to get much attention. Should i continue development on the game? Is there something i could add that will get more consumers attention or add more gameplay?

Thank you for reading :D

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
New Update!
Download

This update focuses on gameplay. It will give a better demonstration on what you would expect of the final product.
*== Plan ==*
The goal in this gametype (Classic) is to capture all the bases and you would win! It would go by the best of 3, or whatever value you put. The winning system is not yet implemented!

v0.0.8.0
*== Improvements ==*
~ Added capping zones which drop supply crates
~ Added turrets which can be repaired after being destroyed
~ Improved scrolling after death
~ Cars now deploy weapons in friendly cap circles. If there is none they will go to the safe zone
~ Improved font
~ Added troop names
~ Now only 15v15 battles
~ Troops now respawn at a cost of supply.
~ Vehicles at team spawn no longer collide with same team spawn vehicles
~ Added a new gun - MedGun More heal range, faster firerate but less healing power

*== Balance Changes ==*
~ Medkit heal reduced from .5 to .4

*== Bug Fixes ==*
~ Fixed bug that medics sometimes had insane heal rates
~ Fixed tank's hitbox
~ Fixed a bug that prevented you from receiving the vehicle although you had the exact right amount of supply

upload_2016-9-24_20-10-58.png Preview of the new gun!

Last edited: