• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows When rotate monitor, no drawing in fullscreen

N

nightmode

I rotated my monitor 90 degree.
(The resolution is 1080x1920)

After rotating, there is only black screen with mouse cursor in fullscreen mode.

When running in windowed mode, Everything is ok.

OS is Windows 10.

Anyone know why this happened and the solution?

N

nightmode

Thanks, Pixelated_Pope.

I tested again on three computers using nvidia graphic card.

When the option "Use synchronization to avoid tearing" is turned on, screen drawing is ok.

It is turned off, there isn't any drawing.

It's weird.

@nightmode Wow. You're right. Let me dig into this a bit deeper...

[edit] Yup, definitely seems like a bug on GM's side. And I can't find any sort of workaround beyond enabling vsync. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I'll keep looking into it to see if a suitable work around can be found.

[edit2] Issue is not present in GMS2... so... if this is REALLY important to you, you can either upgrade or use "borderless fullscreen" (just set your window to borderless - and make alt+enter make the window size the display size)

Last edited: