Legacy GM when room start start sprite at specific image.

TheouAegis

Create or Room Start event of a control object in the room:
selection=0;

Key Right Pressed event:
selection++;
if selection == 3 selection=0;

Key Left Pressed event:
selection--;
if selection == -1 selection=2;

TheouAegis

it's not going to do anything because that's essentially the skeleton code. You still need to tell it to draw the correct sprites.

Red Phantom

hey yall,
wanted to start this battle bar at a specific sprite when the room starts and can be changed by pressing the arrow keys, anyone have any examples?
Assuming it is a single sprite with different images:
Starting the bar at a specific sprite
Create or Room Start event of the object:
image_index = 0 {assuming you have index 0 as your desired initial image}
image_speed = 0
Changing the bar by pressing left and right
Step event of the object:
if keyboard_check_pressed(vk_right) and image_index != 2 then image_index += 1 //moves yellow selection right
if keyboard_check_pressed(vk_left) and image_index != 0 then image_index -= 1 //moves yellow selection left

Create a single sprite, with your bar images as the 3 images of the sprite (in order, so that they line up as image_index 0, image_index 1 and image_index 2 for the code).

Let me know if this helps.​

EZTALES

Assuming it is a single sprite with different images:
Starting the bar at a specific sprite
Create or Room Start event of the object:
image_index = 0 {assuming you have index 0 as your desired initial image}
image_speed = 0
Changing the bar by pressing left and right
Step event of the object:
if keyboard_check_pressed(vk_right) and image_index != 2 then image_index += 1 //moves yellow selection right
if keyboard_check_pressed(vk_left) and image_index != 0 then image_index -= 1 //moves yellow selection left

Create a single sprite, with your bar images as the 3 images of the sprite (in order, so that they line up as image_index 0, image_index 1 and image_index 2 for the code).

Let me know if this helps.​
SOLVED! thanks bud! wow, i cant believe i didn't think of that on my own, but one question for you, for future reference, would it be possible to make those specific sprites open different objects?, for example, what if i wanted the spells sprite to open the spells window? just a quick one. thanks though!

Check for the image_index number on a keypress:
Code:
if (keyboard_check_released(vk_space) {
 switch (image_index) {
  case 0:
    // Open spells
  break;
  case 1:
    // Open something else
  break;
  case 2:
    // Etc