When Drawing text to GUI (Draw GUI Event)

M

Murr_

I have a few questions about the Draw GUI Event, and how it works.

1. When you have a object that draws text the the Draw GUI Event and has a color value, will it effect a OTHER object's text properties when its drawn to the Draw GUI Event.

2. How would you separate the two, from the Draw GUI Event. So they won't conflict with each other.

These are about it right now, but i really need to know the problems with this.

jo-thijs

Setting a color through draw_set_colo(u)r will maintain its effect over drawGUI events of different instances and objects, if that is your question.
How to solve it? Just define all the text properties just before you draw the text, so that you have maximal control over it.

J

joakimFF

if you use draw_set_color(c_red); draw_text(blablabla,x,y); then yes it will affect both until you set a new color
if you use draw_text_colour then no it wont affect anything else

/ninjad again :)

M

Murr_

Setting a color through draw_set_colo(u)r will maintain its effect over drawGUI events of different instances and objects, if that is your question.
How to solve it? Just define all the text properties just before you draw the text, so that you have maximal control over it.
Yes this is what i'm talking about. So your saying set the Colo(u)r before drawing_text? And don't do it after?

jo-thijs

Yup.
That is if you are using draw_set_colo(u)r to set the color of the text
and draw_text to draw the text.

M

Murr_

if you use draw_set_color(c_red); draw_text(blablabla,x,y); then yes it will affect both until you set a new color
if you use draw_text_colour then no it wont affect anything else

/ninjad again :)
Ahh, okay i see now.