• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS When an interstetial adcolony ad appears, the game sounds don't stop

S

Stranger-Games

Hi,

I've noticed that the game sound continue normally even when an adcolony ad appears, which is annoying as two sounds are playing together.
Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks for advance.

rIKmAN

You could try using audio_pause_all() before you call the advert, and audio_resume_all() when the ad has finished playing?

S

Stranger-Games

You could try using audio_pause_all() before you call the advert, and audio_resume_all() when the ad has finished playing?
Sounds like a good idea, I think I will have to use the async events, which I didn't really want to use. I hope it was simpler than that.

JacPete

is it a sound effekt or the music than runs at "fire at will" ? i use adcolony extension at the moment (till i finaly build heyzap in) but hadnt any of such faults. i pause the game before starting an add. music should stop automaticly. take a look at Super Mage World on googleplay, finish level one and an ad will start, if you want to see it in action.

S

Stranger-Games

is it a sound effekt or the music than runs at "fire at will" ? i use adcolony extension at the moment (till i finaly build heyzap in) but hadnt any of such faults. i pause the game before starting an add. music should stop automaticly. take a look at Super Mage World on googleplay, finish level one and an ad will start, if you want to see it in action.
Thanks. When I call AdColony_ShowVideo, I am not sure if a video will appear or not. Do you pause the game in an ad appear event?

S

Stranger-Games

In other words, where do you pause your game? Can you share a snippest?

JacPete

when the event should happen i call "AdColony_ShowVideo("yourecodehere");" and afterwards the pause event that i build in.

rIKmAN

when the event should happen i call "AdColony_ShowVideo("yourecodehere");" and afterwards the pause event that i build in.
Does the pause event you coded pause the music or does it stop automatically?
If it's automatic then obviously something is different - GM version, AdColony Extension etc.

S

Stranger-Games

I downloaded your game and saw the ad, and it works correctly. I am not sure yet how could you achieve that. (Pretty cool game by the way)

S

Stranger-Games

OK, your game is android, and my android version works perfectly also when showing the ad the game pauses automatically, but this doesn't happen in ios.

JacPete

sorry wasnt on my computer, havent tryed it out on ios for the moment. thanks for liking the game @Stranger-Games iam going to do an ios build tomorrow i guess, when i expirience no problems, i´ll text you then.

JacPete

Does the pause event you coded pause the music or does it stop automatically?
if pause event gets started, the current music stops and another music gets started. so i think iam going to run into the same problems, when building the ios version.

G

gamer4life

Hey JacPete I have been trying to put adcolony in my game. It seems like you know how to help me. I'm lost on putting it in my game. Its really just useing the extension. I have the code alreay set up but it says its not intergrated, Sorry if I used the the term. But I hope you know what I mean.

silengames

OK, your game is android, and my android version works perfectly also when showing the ad the game pauses automatically, but this doesn't happen in ios.
It is okay for all ad networks. iOS require an additional work to pause the game and music. So you need to use callback to stop it. But Adcolony do not have such callback. Try to use another extension with callbacks for start and end of advertisement.