Windows Wheels of war - Racing/Battle/Partygame

makas

Well I finally decided to show you the game Im working on, I always loved the old racing games like RC-Pro Am and Rock&Roll racing, I also love the feeling of playing this kind of games in split screen setup, so I started this project after doing a racing tutorial in youtube, I love the physics implementation of the game and decided to go on with that base... and create a Party like game when you can play with your friends and have fun with it, with several game modes and a lot of chaos...

The game is called Wheels of War, and I have been working in it for about 3 months now, this are the specifications of the game:

Current state:

- Top view racing game 2d
- Physics implementation
- Up to 4 players splitscreen gameplay
- AI for all the modes (currently there is not IA in the zombie attack mode)
- Several game modes: Race, Race Death, Destruction Derby, Zombie attack (kind of tower defence), Wheel ball (Rocket League 2d)
- Arcade retro style control and gameplay
- Xbox Controller and keybord support

Future/Planned:
- Online multiplayer
- Car customization (on cosmetic and performance)
- More game modes
- Track editor
- Lot of more weapons and car models
- Global leaderboards
- Shadder implementation
- Upgrade graphics
- Diferent theme related circuits (like in mario kart, snow, dirt, more)
- A lot of tracks

Hopelly:
- Small 3d enchanments on some small details, like trees, ads and other objects
- Make it modfriendly
- Steam greenlight
- Jumping mechanichs to make the tracks more fun and diverse

The game is designed for windows you can see some screenshots and presentation trailer I made recently.

I would love to receive feedback on what you can see and im planning to release a demo soon so you can play it, I also want to see if there is still interest on this kind of game... as I said in another thread I made this becuase I love the concept, but Im not sure is there is audience for this kind of game.

Thank you in advance.

Trailer:

UPDATE: Added a demo download
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByUT51KFVd-fT2g4MkoyVW1maWs

Last edited:

makas

UPDATED: Added a demo file to test it

Highly recommended to use 360 controller there may be some menus that wont work without it

S

SyntheticStorm9

1. when it says goal in the soccer game the o's look like d's
2. the screen wouldn't look so crowded if you moved the minimap to the right or left corner of the screen
3.the tread marks of the vehicles would look better if they were more distinct and dissapeared faster
4. making the game keyboard compatible would be great for people without 360 controllers
5. the soccer ball would look better if it's sprite moved a little bit more
other than that it is realy good!

makas

1. when it says goal in the soccer game the o's look like d's
Yeah you probably right, is the effect of the font I may consider change it

2. the screen wouldn't look so crowded if you moved the minimap to the right or left corner of the screen
the minimap is one of the things that I dont really know how to handle propertly I remove completly on the splitscreen mode because it was too much, but I understand that is important to have it I will look into your suggestion and try to move it to the side

3.the tread marks of the vehicles would look better if they were more distinct and dissapeared faster
alright ty for the suggestion

4.the tread marks of the vehicles would look better if they were more distinct and dissapeared faster
I'm planning to add extensive control configuration options, to reasign keys and all that stuff, I started the game with only keyboard support, but when I added the controllers were a little messy to rewrite everything twice, so I plan to introduce a better system to handle all the controls, and of course that It eventually fully support keyboard is a pc game after all :)

5. the soccer ball would look better if it's sprite moved a little bit more
Yeah you are right im thinking in probably render a 3d sprite into 2d with several sprites so the ball looks less static

Ty for all your feedback :) @SyntheticStorm9

Last edited: