Discussion What's the problem of Necro Posts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CleanWater, Dec 18, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CleanWater

CleanWater Member

Well, just wanted to know why everyone freaks out because of this.

I really can't see the problem on resurrecting an old post, specially those that weren't solved, or that just ask an opinion regarding a random matter (like "how many times you play in the week?" or "how you do X thing?").

melerski likes this.
  2. RichHopelessComposer

RichHopelessComposer Member

It's just annoying being pulled back into a conversation you thought ended three years ago...

3. Bearman_18

Bearman_18 Member

I noticed that it's been happening a LOT lately, and honestly, I feel stupid when I respond because people stopped talking about it already. Remember, threads never die without a reason.
    Edit- don't forget that it pings the op too. And if it's dead, they probably stopped caring. So it can be really annoying.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    RichHopelessComposer likes this.
  4. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

The reason is because if the topic hasn't had a reply in the past 6 months or so, then it's either been solved, worked around, or the OP has no interest in the answer. It's better to help people that have problems NOW than those that had problems previously... Oh, and it also bumps the topics from people that have posted recently down the first page, and the further down the page a topic is, the less likely it is to get a reply... ;)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.