• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

What's the parameter in the .js file in an HTML5 index?

N

Nathan Archer

When I'm loading the .js of my game it has a parameter ".js?FPBBC=219468633"

What's that do? My .js file is taking a long time to load and I'm trying to make my site faster. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
So it's supposed to be updated to a different number in each new version to ensure the newest version, but has no affect on load speed if its kept the same?
The first visit will always load at the speed that network conditions allow, which is a function of your web host's throughput and the visitor's connection.

Under regular use, the downloaded resources will be placed in the cache, where future visits will locally reference (faster) instead of initiating another full-blown download (slower). As long as the cache busting suffix remains the same, all visits by the same visitor starting from the second visit are near-instantaneous.