Windows What's the most in-demand game engine out there?

P

Pipsy

Wondering because I have almost ten years of experience under my belt, and I could use a project with a light at the end of the tunnel.

What are some ideas that are frequently requested? Preferably one that can sell for $2.00+.

EDIT: Perhaps a better way to word this -- what are some engines/assets that are commonly requested, but not found to your satisfaction?

Last edited by a moderator:

RangerX

You might wanna check what's on the marketplace and the corresponding section in the forum.
What I find hard to find are good quality general purpose sound effects for videogames. There's a buttload sound effects out there for anything real life, I want fake sound effects, stuff for videogames, for abstract stuff, menus, blips, blops, etc

That is hard to find to me.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
You might wanna check what's on the marketplace and the corresponding section in the forum.
What I find hard to find are good quality general purpose sound effects for videogames. There's a buttload sound effects out there for anything real life, I want fake sound effects, stuff for videogames, for abstract stuff, menus, blips, blops, etc

That is hard to find to me.
Well, I made a pack of ~400 sound effects like one year ago... :p

I'd say a lot of engines I've come across are poorly documented or not easy to extend (often as a cause of the poor documentation, but just as often because of sloppy coding). Be mindful of those common issues, avert them, and then hail your extensibility and documentation / ease to use as one of the main selling points.

Some stuff I don't see a lot from the top of my head:
  • General turn-based event engine
  • Anything 3D-related
  • Online functionality / asynchronous event handler
  • Platform engines that supports general slopes and shapes
  • Cross-platform water, fire, and lighting effects.