• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

What to do about bugged IDE?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
The best way to fix a bugged IDE is to reinstall it.

Anyway, try clearing your asset cache (Build -> Clean).

If that doesn't help, please upload a sample project that exhibits the issue so we can try to reproduce this on our end to confirm whether this is in fact an IDE bug (in which case it shouldn't show up on our end) or something else.

R

RylanStylin

The best way to fix a bugged IDE is to reinstall it.

Anyway, try clearing your asset cache (Build -> Clean).

If that doesn't help, please upload a sample project that exhibits the issue so we can try to reproduce this on our end to confirm whether this is in fact an IDE bug (in which case it shouldn't show up on our end) or something else.
Tried both of those things... Didnt help. I'll send a sample project over.

Ill send it via a yoyo games bug report

Probably try these if you haven't already tried;
1. Check if igor.exe been properly excluded in your AV
2. Try export your project then re-import it

R

RylanStylin

Probably try these if you haven't already tried;
1. Check if igor.exe been properly excluded in your AV
2. Try export your project then re-import it
I tried the second of what you suggested, nothing. I'm afraid I dont know what an AV is.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
AntiVirus. The same goes for firewalls or any other kind of security software. Temporarily disable these and retry to rule them out as potential causes.

R

RylanStylin

AntiVirus. The same goes for firewalls or any other kind of security software. Temporarily disable these and retry to rule them out as potential causes.
I went to settings -> windows defender -> manage settings -> turned everything off. relaunched my project folder, not fixed. AV is not the issue. I have no antivirus software installed.