• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE What? Texpages not created correctly?

kupo15

I'm completely at odds as to what I'm seeing. I decided to preview texture pages but the output is not matching up with my actual sprite resources at all. Even the debug mode confirmed this.

What on earth is going on??

Exhibit #1: Extra blank tpage

I only have two sprites both set to the "default" texture group. The top debug module shows 2 texture pages???

When I created two tex groups and moved them away from the default, the debug module shows 3 texture pages as shown on the bottom?

upload_2020-1-30_15-38-5.png

Exhibit #2 Wrong tex page size

The top shows the sprite in the ide on its own tex group, however, when I preview the textures, it results in the lower image. The debug module also confirms this as well.

upload_2020-1-30_15-40-14.png

Ricardo

For me the debugger only update the textures properly if I pause the execution and then click the "refresh" icon located at the bottom right of the "Graphics" tab.

kupo15

For me the debugger only update the textures properly if I pause the execution and then click the "refresh" icon located at the bottom right of the "Graphics" tab.
Yep, that's how I got those screenshots.

I think I found the issue and that the texture cache was stale. The cache cleanup seemed to work, that little broom always sneaks its way when I least expect it. And I assume the blank 1x1 texture0 is the default texpage that gets created no matter what?

Ricardo

I think I found the issue and that the texture cache was stale. The cache cleanup seemed to work, that little broom always sneaks its way when I least expect it. And I assume the blank 1x1 texture0 is the default texpage that gets created no matter what?
That kinda makes sense. I have issues with the texture-pages cache all the time, specially when using HTML5.