• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Game Mechanics What other things I need for game maker?

K

Kingto400

Hello. I have the demo version of both GM Studio 2 and GM Studio 1.4 and buying the engine sometime in February or March. I will have the exporters for 1.4 and 2 but concerned on one thing. For the Mac module, do I need a licence for making games for mac(even though i'm not publishing on the appstore)? For other modules, Do I need SDK and possibly a JDK for Android? I'm real confused here.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
For the Mac module, do I need a licence for making games for mac(even though i'm not publishing on the appstore)?
You can compile Mac apps without Apple developer license (which is $100/year), but they will display a warning (application not signed with certificate) on first launch.
For other modules, Do I need SDK and possibly a JDK for Android?
Yes - you need a few Android SDKs, JDK, and potentially NDK. All of those are free though.

K

Kingto400

You can compile Mac apps without Apple developer license (which is $100/year), but they will display a warning (application not signed with certificate) on first launch.

Make sense now. But i'm told I need Mavericks(which I do have), but I have 10.9.0. What do I need to compile for mac using Mavericks 10.9.0?

K

Kingto400

Or which version of Xcode do I need for Mavericks 10.9.0?