• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Linux What license for team work?

2D-G4m3r

Hello,

i'm interested in Game Maker Studio 2 (GMS2) and have a question:
If i want to work with a little team, so each team member has his own part for styling the game in windows OS, and one of the team member (leader) is build the game from each part (to play on linux platform Jessie (Raspbian Pi)), which license of GMS2 all members needs?

Is it possible the Leader only needs a "bigger/higher" version with more features as the members?

Last edited by a moderator:

2D-G4m3r

*push*:(

If you don't want to sello_O your product, you don't need to answer!:rolleyes:
If you don't know what i want, i can write in german too!:cool: Or ask me!

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Well it depends on what each team member needs to do, they need the license required to do that role...

So if the artist does not require to run on the target platform then they do not need that license, if they do then they do need that license.

Russell

2D-G4m3r

Thanks!:)

If i understand right.... if the artist A is only for building the level, artist B creates only the characters and artist C is join all togehter (for the RaspPi platform), so artist A and B doesn't need the license which artist C is need?

Ok, and which license needs artist A and B and which artist C?o_O
For artist A and B each dektop-license and artist C?:confused:

I don't know the feature-differences between the licenses.:(

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Are the artists using GM:S in any way?
No -> They don't need a license.
Yes: v

Do they have to run the game on or export it to <target platform>?
No -> They don't need the <target platform> module.
Yes -> They need the <target platform> module.

If your artists are just creating art and not working with the software at all, they don't need a license.

2D-G4m3r

The artists all should work in GM:S, but not on the target platform (RaspPi), only on the style of the levels and the characters.
They have to export their work for artist C where join the files to a working game for the target platform (RaspPi).

Traversal

Sorry if I am jumping in on that thread with my question.

I use a PC and a Laptop but got only 1 License. Am I allowed to use my license on both devices?
Not at same time, but e.g. if I am on travel I would need to work on my Laptop...

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Ohh, is it really so?:confused:
If so i think GM:S isn't what i'm looking for.:(

http://www.yoyogames.com/pi o_O
There is no public Pi export available yet. It may or may not become available at some undefined point in the future.

Sorry if I am jumping in on that thread with my question.

I use a PC and a Laptop but got only 1 License. Am I allowed to use my license on both devices?
Not at same time, but e.g. if I am on travel I would need to work on my Laptop...
GM:S licenses grant three concurrent active installations on devices solely owned and used by the license holder, as defined by the EULA.