• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Development What is your approach with fonts when working with Multiple languages?

Long story short, I'm working on a project that will support 10 languages in-game. Many of the fonts I want to use don't support the characters for many of the languages (Russuan, Japanese, Hindi, etc) If you've gone through this before, could you share what your approach has been? Do you look for a flexible font that can be used to cover everything or would you specifically find a font for each language and spend the time adjusting how it's displayed everywhere?

I'm leaning towards getting multiple fonts so I can tune everything to fit just right, but before I do this I wanted to see what other people have done.

Greatly appreciated!