• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE What is the cost of the PS4 Console Export?!?

P

psyke

I can't find any information about this on the website or FAQ section.

console.jpg

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
We have not announced console pricing yet. Currently only 1.x console is available to registered developers.

rIKmAN

We have not announced console pricing yet. Currently only 1.x console is available to registered developers.
Can you confirm that they are actually going to cost something, as the console exports were free on 1.4 for registered developers.

P

psyke

Can you confirm that they are actually going to cost something, as the console exports were free on 1.4 for registered developers.
That's my only concern right now.
Because my current situation is this: Sony can provide 1 devkit to my team, but they can't give us any budget, so the Console Module will have to come from our own pocket and if the module costs a lot of money we will not be able to afford it.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Yes, they will. Console exports were never "free". Sony and Microsoft pre-paid for them, they now aren't.