• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code What is a Pop Execution Error?

N

nittens

A couple days ago things were working fine and my game was compiling without any errors. I came back to it yesterday and I get a Pop Execution error. The error message is vague about where I should look, but I've completely removed the object in question and the error still pops up.

############################################################################################ FATAL ERROR in action number 1 of Create Event for object obj_vars: Pop :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,-1] out of range [1,59] - -5.<unknown variable>(100000,-1) at gml_Script___global_object_depths (line 164) - global.__objectID2Depth[ objID ] = global.__objectDepths; } // end for ############################################################################################ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- stack frame is gml_Script___global_object_depths (line 164) called from - gml_GlobalScript_0 (line 1) - __global_object_depths()

I

icuurd12b42

you are trying to set an array using an index out of range
global.__objectID2Depth[ -1] = global.__objectDepths;